
I first saw Marla when she walked into my social dance class at BYU. It was at the end of the Spring semester and my intent of meeting lots of ladies worthy of dating had fallen to the wayside, so when this beautiful friend of the class instructor glided toward me I knew, or at least THOUGHT I knew, I had hit the jackpot.
To my dismay and frankly, utter surprise (I was fairly arrogant at the time), Marla turned me down when I asked her out! Granted, my reason for asking was fairly weak and indirect, but what was she thinking?? Bottom line? I struck out. So I licked my wounds and moved on.
The next fall I saw her in another dance class and immediately I was determined to take her out. THIS time I was not to be denied!! After a few times talking to her I found the right moment and sprung the question! Her answer? Sure, but it will be 3 weeks before she can "get me into her schedule" - WHHAATT??? Now I was beyond baffled. Fine, I'll wait the 3 weeks. It better be worth it!
It was, and it still is.
Marla is an amazing woman, wife, mother and companion. She knows me, how I tick, what I need from her and in life, how I want my family raised and everything else that makes me complete. I couldn't ask for a better woman to be with and even though I don't tell her nearly enough, she is my equal in every way and I am lucky to have her. I have been married to Marla for 18 years now. There are times when I wonder why she has stuck with me, but in the end I know I will make it worth it to her. I have my moments you know!
To my dismay and frankly, utter surprise (I was fairly arrogant at the time), Marla turned me down when I asked her out! Granted, my reason for asking was fairly weak and indirect, but what was she thinking?? Bottom line? I struck out. So I licked my wounds and moved on.
The next fall I saw her in another dance class and immediately I was determined to take her out. THIS time I was not to be denied!! After a few times talking to her I found the right moment and sprung the question! Her answer? Sure, but it will be 3 weeks before she can "get me into her schedule" - WHHAATT??? Now I was beyond baffled. Fine, I'll wait the 3 weeks. It better be worth it!
It was, and it still is.
Marla is an amazing woman, wife, mother and companion. She knows me, how I tick, what I need from her and in life, how I want my family raised and everything else that makes me complete. I couldn't ask for a better woman to be with and even though I don't tell her nearly enough, she is my equal in every way and I am lucky to have her. I have been married to Marla for 18 years now. There are times when I wonder why she has stuck with me, but in the end I know I will make it worth it to her. I have my moments you know!
